Sunday, January 7, 2007

Change TSprofile for a lot of users ...

Recently I had to change a lot of user's TS-profile settings, I wasn't able to do it with GPO's because I had to deal with W2k Citrix Servers so I tried to use the TSprof.exe-tool but that didn't work also because I had a %-sign in the TS-profile. The %value% was directly translated and only the result was saved in the user property, so I made a little VB-program using Visual Basic Express Ed. to do the job, ... (code and .exe included)

You can use it this way :

Changes tsprofilepaths of users listed in file.
Usage : UpdateTSprofile -s:[servername] -f:[path/file] -p:[tsroamingprofilepath]

-h help, shows this info
-s:[servername] domaincontroller to connect to
-f:[path/file]
file path with users to update format should be one domain\user a line

-p:[tsroamingprofilepath]
path to tsroamingprofilepath if this contains % replace % with ?

Caution : Existing TS-profile Value's will be replaced

No comments: